The dedicated team at the Science Projects Branch provides oversight and support to numerous, cutting-edge, research projects and science teams across the Division. In addition to the projects listed below, they also manage the Chandra X-ray Observatory Program.
- Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer (IXPE)
- Lynx X-ray Observatory
- Predictive Thermal Control (PTC)
- Segmented Mirror Technology Program (SMPT)
- Full sun Ultraviolet Rocket Spectrometer (FURST),
- Marshall Grazing Incidence X-ray Spectrometer, (MaGIXS)
- Scintillation Prediction Observations Research Task (SPORT)
- Chromospheric Lyman-Alpha Spectro-Polarimeter (CLASP)
- Chromospheric Lyman-Alpha Spectro-Polarimeter (CLASP 2)
Chandra is celebrating its 20th anniversary!
Listen to a Public Radio Hour special on Chandra featuring Marshall scientists, Dr. Martin Weisskopf and Dr. Jessica Gaskin, as they join historian Brian Odom to talk about Chandra's discoveries.